ESP8266 ESP-12E WIFI Transceiver Wireless Module
UK STOCK & DELIVERY IS FREE by Royal Mail 24, this is a commercial service of Royal Mail and is VERY reliable.
- Breadboard friendly pin spacing
- On board pullup/down resistors pre-configure the ESP-12E for normal operation.
- A complete and self-contained Wi-Fi networking solution.
- Powerful processor storage and GPIO facilities on board.
- 802.11 b/g/n, 2.4 GHz
- Integrated WEP, TKIP, AES, and WAPI engines
- Wi-Fi Direct (P2P), soft-AP
- Integrated TCP/IP protocol stack
- +19.5dBm output power in 802.11b mode
- SDIO 1.1/2.0, SPI, UART
- STBC, 1×1 MIMO, 2×1 MIMO
- 13x GPIO pins (inc 3 used during startup and 2 used for UART), 1 ADC pin and more exposed
- VCC: 2.7v – 3.6v (3.3v nominal, up to 240mA consumed)
- Communicates via standard serial interface.
- Can now be programmed using the standard Arduino IDE – no need to flash the chip first!!!
Hints & Tips
Adding a voltage regulator:
There are pads on the underside of the breakout board to accept a SOT-89 3.3v LDO voltage regulator such as the Torex XC6214P332.
(Note: There is a jumper on the top side of the breakout board that needs to be removed if a voltage regulator is installed – it is the central SMD component, marked “000”.)
WARNING: The breakout board uses the full width of a standard breadboard. I normally just run jumper wires under the
breakout board to access the pins I need.
Also, the adapter board does not specifically break out the extra 6 Hardware SPI connections of the ESP-12E, but it is possible to solder fly leads directly to the ESP-12E boards if access to these is required.
Getting started with the ESP-12: http://www.instructables.com/id/Getting-Started-with-the-ESP8266-ESP-12/
How to use the Arduino IDE with ESP-12E: https://github.com/esp8266/arduino
Manufacturer’s Forum: http://bbs.espressif.com/
ESP8266 Community Forum: http://www.esp8266.com/
SDK/documentation from manufacturer: http://bbs.espressif.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=288
ESP8266 trace antenna range test video (300m+ !): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BYdZ_24yg0
ESP8266 hardware overview: http://hackaday.com/2015/03/18/how-to-directly-program-an-inexpensive-esp8266-wifi-module
Postage & Shipping Options
UK DELIVERY IS FREE by Royal Mail 24, this is a commercial service of Royal Mail and is VERY reliable.
- When we say UK stock we mean you can come and collect it and it is in stock here in the UK. Please note this not true of all sellers on the web.
Read other sites details carefully, they sometimes say UK Seller, but that does not mean the stock is actually in the UK. We are located Fareham Portsmouth Hampshire, not outside the UK.
- European Postage is calculated at £3.50 for the first £10 of goods purchased and £1.00 for every £10 purchased thereafter.
- You can rely on our descriptions and photographs, that we are a full UK VAT Registered business and Limited Company, Moore Estates (UK) Ltd.
- You can buy from us with real confidence knowing that you are protected within the UK and EU by Consumer Protection Regulations.
- If you buy from overseas sellers, or countries outside the UK that may not be the case. We buy in bulk from overseas, and manage the hassles of late deliveries and wrong or faulty goods delivered so that you do not have to.